Tuesday, October 6, 2009

6Oct09

Breakfast
  • 2 medium slices sourdough bread
  • 1 smallish tomato, sliced
  • liberally applied nonfat greek yoghurt
  • 1 slice swiss cheese
  • 4 c tea with lemon balm, chamomile, raspberry leaf and chastetree berries
Notes: I love this sort of morning - not quite being lazy, but certainly not hurrying to get anywhere. Just sitting down to read the paper or write, cup of tea at my elbow and cat at my feet, yowling because she's sure she'd like tea if I'd just let her taste it

Loading up on Vitamin C - apparently it's an emmenagogue (along with several of the things in my tea, but those are milder). Maybe this is the way to get back on schedule. For the last two times I know it's fallen on or very near the full moon, but now it's just past and there's no (visible) sign yet. I think it would be pretty cool to have that happen every time.

Went to the herb store for pennyroyal (for the same purpose) and the assistant looked more than a little disturbed by the fact that I was asking for it - told me in no uncertain terms that they "Never!!!" carry it. After a little research I found out that there was a huge big to-do of a case about 15 years ago in which a young woman attempted an herbal abortion using pennyroyal and one or both of the cohoshes and vastly overdosed, resulting in her death. The resulting scandal (her parents and their lawyer were sure it was the herb alone that done her in, not her misuse of it or the fact that she didn't realise she had an ectopic pregnancy) gave the herb something of a nasty reputation, which is why today I can't ask my friendly neighborhood herbalist for some of it without being looked askance at, no matter how innocent my need for it is.

Lunch
  • 2 medium slices of sourdough bread
  • nonfat greek yoghurt, liberally applied
  • ~1/2 c roasted red peppers
  • 2 slices swiss cheese
  • 1 small glass whole milk
Notes: Ok, getting kind of nervous about this speech. Mostly because I have so very much to say and I don't want to go over the time. Going downtown in a few to yoink some nice specimens of Plantago majus and P. lanceolata I saw growing by the Duke Wall yesterday.

Dinner
  • ~1/2 c yellow rice (saffron? turmeric? not sure - mama made it)
  • ~6 oz salmon
  • 1 c chocolate milk
  • crackers with brie while watching Afro Samurai
Notes: I get sooo fucking hungry at school! Seriously need to pack something in the car to eat on the drive. Also, Afro Samurai is seriously the best anime evar.

No comments:

Post a Comment