Wednesday, January 13, 2010

13Jan10

Breakfast (5:30)
  • 2 c coffee with whole milk as creamer
  • 1 string cheese
  • 1/3 c blueberries
  • ~1 1/2 c porridge: 1/4 c rolled oats, 1/4 c shredded slippery elm bark (rather tightly packed) and 1 t slippery elm powder simmered for about 10 minutes in 1/2 c 2% milk and 2/3 c water with a dash of salt, about 1 T each of honey and PB and a little cinnamon
Notes: Wow. That porridge stuff was the shizz, totes. Writing this now (after a fucking crazy day at work, that is), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this stuff, nutritional powerhouse that it is, has got to be part of the reason I'm not collapsing right now. Definitely a keeper.

At work
  • 2 mozzarella & tomato salads (at 7:15 and again at about 2): in total, about 16 pieces of mozz and 20 grape tomatoes
  • 1 container penne with red pepper sauce, about 1/2 c
  • 1/2 c chamomile tea with whole milk
  • 1 c coffee with about 3 oz whole milk
Notes: Arglebargle. Back to the daily grind. It was pretty insane today - it was me and two newbies that I was supposed to be training, on the first day with all the students back, AND Boss F was there, having everyone do 5 things at once and trying to help by moving stuff around and not telling us where she was putting it. It wasn't as bad as it has been, though - either she got laid last night or she's trying not to scare off the fresh meat for another couple of weeks at least. I handled things pretty well, too; at one point I was even able to anticipate what she wanted me to do and finished it before she asked me. I just hope she doesn't start expecting that now.

Back at the ranch...er, house
  • 2 mushrooms
  • ~2 oz salmon
  • 1 mug SF cocoa with 1 scant t slippery elm powder and about 2 T whole milk
Before Crossfit
  • 1 c chocolate milk
  • 2 string cheeses
Crossfit
  • Warm-up: a whole bunch of jump-ropes, maybe 200 or 250
  • 5ish minutes of tactical training with PVC pipes
  • Paired up and did med ball drills: 20 chest passes, 20 chest pass & squats, 20 subways, 20 back-to-back passes each direction, all with an 18lb ball
  • Tabata WOD: 20 sec on, 10 sec off for 4 minutes each of squats, push-ups and sit-ups with 1 minute rest in-between
  • Extra jump-ropes. I really need to get that running deal down pat!
Dinner
  • 2 pieces Wasa bread with 1 pouch tuna (maybe 3 or 4 oz?), 2ish T low fat yoghurt, 1 T chevre, 1 tomato sliced and a dash of salt
  • 2 c decaf coffee with whole milk as creamer
  • 5 half-dollar-sized shortbread cookies left over from christmastime
Notes: A good workout. I think I got ogled but I'm not sure. Felt like a total rockstar doing those subways (which is what Jill called me during! :D)! I messed up my knee though - it was getting swollen and stiff today, though not painful, and then during the Tabata squats I definitely started to feel some twinges. It's wrapped now and I'm definitely icing it tomorrow. Also, tuna salad and tomatoes and Wasa were totally made for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment