Thursday, January 28, 2010

28Jan10

Breakfast
  • 2 c coffee with whole milk as creamer
  • ~1/2 c Mama's granola with ~1/2 c of 2% milk
  • ~3 oz smoky tilapia
Notes: Feeling better. When I can actually wake up in time to sit down and eat before I leave the house and make the mental shift to "day," things look a little nicer. Not to mention the fact that the simple few minutes it takes to be able to sit and slowly sip coffee, taking it as something of pleasure instead of grabbing a quick slurp whenever I dash by it, feels ridiculously opulent.

Lunch
  • tuna sandwich (1/2 c tuna, ~ 1T real mayo, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 1 sliced tomato
  • 1 c "diet" (sucralose, 25 cal) cocoa with a splash of whole milk
Notes: Again with the leisure. I like leisure.

At School
  • 1 "Nature's Something-or-other" oats 'n' honey bar
  • 1 c engine oil sold as coffee with two petroleum byproduct creamers
Notes: I know, I know, I said I wouldn't anymore. But I was rushing when I left for school and didn't pack anything. Ok, here's my promise: next week I'm tracking down a thermos and bringing my own coffee or other drink, plus a snack of at least one Zone block, dependent on how much I've eaten already that day.

Amam is not seeming to be really healthy lately, and that worries me. I remember when she was really into dieting and all that stuff, and I remember that she was thinner but I don't remember how happy she was then. Her mood seems ok these days but there's still the lowish self-esteem - it comes out a lot in her little side comments. But then again the ice cream and "whipped topping" we got about a week ago disappeared pretty damn fast, and in large quantities. I want to offer to help her, now that I've learned so much about healthy living and diet vs. dieting, but I can't see how I can without offending her. I keep being fairly insistent that she come to Crossfit at some point, and she never has yet. Merh. Must ponder this.

Dinner
  • 4 slices of Polly's homemade pizza with mushrooms and spinach. OMG AWESOME
  • 1 c 2% milk
  • 1 oz white cheddar

No comments:

Post a Comment