Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27Jan10

Breakfast (around 6:50am)
  • 1/2 lb tuna salad
  • 1 leaf lettuce
  • 3 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 baked pita triangles
Lunch (around 3:30pm)
  • ~4 oz swiss and cheddar
  • ~10 grapes
  • 4 wheat crackers
  • 2 pita crisps
  • mozz & tom salad (~8-10 pc fresh mozz, ~8-10 grape tomatoes)
  • a single-serving bag of Fritos when I got back to the house
Dinner
  • ~5 oz smoky tilapia
  • 3 small glasses milk
  • 1 little strawberry yoghurt
Notes: Today was fucking insane. Got to work and began setting up, got mostly finished and had time to grab some breakfast, then for the rest of the day I didn't even have time to drink a glass of water. Rush after rush after rush, coinciding with deliveries of far more stuff than we needed because Boss F won't allow me to do the ordering and tries to get us to stock up on things when there's just not enough space. Also, she's having the new guy do far more managerial tasks - ordering, inventory, even writing up procedures (of which he has really no idea) and is keeping me as far out of the loop as she can get me. I didn't even know that she finally had (after several days of pestering) ordered some things for me. If this leads to a manager gig for him and I get passed over, I've already decided that I'll be gone the next day.

Inadvertently got T worried out of his mind when I didn't call this morning - he left several vmails and txts on my phone before resorting to trying to look up my work number online (and getting the wrong one, which worried him more when they said they'd never heard of me) as well as sending me an email and calling the house phone. Finally saw his txts around 10:30, called him up and just burst into tears. Horrible, nasty day, and the reminder that someone still cared about me brought me out of the work-work-work mindset just enough for it all to sink in. But talking to him made everything...if not absolutely better, then at least it reminded me that there are bigger things to worry about in this world than where to put the extra coffee sleeves, and bigger things to work towards that a better job title from some of the worst employers in the city. Yeah...much bigger things.

Going to drink more water now.

No comments:

Post a Comment