Sunday, February 14, 2010

14Feb10

Breakfast
  • 1 2-egg omelette with about 1.5 oz cheddar
  • 2 c coffee (Peruvian!) with 2% milk as creamer
  • 1 slice whole wheat toast with strawberry jam
Lunch
  • 1 salmonburger topped with balsamic drizzle
  • 1/3 head cabbage, chopped up and sauteed with about 1/3 c brown rice and 1 julienned yellow pepper, a little olive oil, dashes of sugar, salt and ACV and about a T of PB
  • water with ACV
Notes: I loooves me some vinegar today!

So over the past week or so I've been slowly polishing off a jar of pickled garlic. This is partly for the taste (seriously!), partly for the immune boost (several of my coworkers have gotten the sniffles and I wanted to avoid it) and partly to reassure T that when I go out with my friends, it really and truly is not to pick up someone. Problem is, that whole bit about the garlic smell exuding from everywhere once you eat it...is true. Merh. Given, I was eating a LOT (like more than 10 cloves a day)...but still, it is delish. This is when I have to balance my desires to eat tasty healthy things and also to be around people. Thinking of trying out garlic supplements to get the benefit while avoiding the odor, or maybe working more roasted garlic into my diet and seeing if the chemical change helps. Or maybe just limiting myself to 3 cloves a day. Ok maybe 5.

In other news, I've been doing the whole mix of sugar/salt/vinegar in a lot of things I've been making lately, and it's working well. Things just taste a little more balanced. I'm not sure how to translate this to dairy dishes, though. Perhaps use yoghurt or buttermilk or something? Food for thought...ahahaha, I kill me! :D

Later
  • 1 small whole milk latte
  • 8 oz decaf coffee with whole milk as creamer
Notes: Went to a coffeeshop and sat and knitted. I'm such a hipster. Seriously need to go there more often to study though.

Dinner
  • ~1 c veggie lo mein
  • a good scoop of Gen. Tso's shrimp (i.e. pretty much just fat)
  • 1 shrimp egg roll
Notes: I'm thinking I need to stop doing the Chinese thing for a while. Or maybe mostly making my own food but having one eggroll or something. Seriously, it's a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment