Friday, July 16, 2010

I am Iron Woman

Breakfast: egg salad with mustard and cayenne on a Wasa, 1 tomato, 1 deliciously messy plum (you are spared the gory spectacle of me devouring it), coffee, cat and comics. Second day in a row that breakfast has been this leisurely, and I'm off work tomorrow so it will happen AGAIN! I am so spoiled.

Then work work work all day, with a salad for lunch and a Zone bar and a totally gross-looking and delicious green smoothie for pre-workout fueling.

Then...CROSSFIT! Dun dun dunnnnn! This was the last day of this session, so I knew it would have to be something horrendous. Little did I know...just how right I would be! Muahahahahaha!
Ahem.

So we got there as the last group, Dave included, was finishing their workout. I didn't think I'd ever seen Dave actually working out before, in a year and a half of going, and mentioned that to him...which may or may not have had anything to do with our WOD for the evening. Whoops! But at this point, all was light and happiness. The other girls and I went for a quick 400m to warm up, then gathered around the whiteboard, where our fates were being decided. We could hear Dave's evil chuckle even before he started writing. Our blood froze in our veins as he stepped aside, revealing the following list:
  • 50 box jumps (20-inch)
  • 50 jumping pull-ups
  • 50 American KB swings (25-lb)
  • 50 walking lunges
  • 50 sit-ups
  • 50 dumbbell push presses (2 12-lbs)
  • 50 back extensions
  • 50 wall balls (1 6-lb)
  • 25 burpees (here he took pity on us)
  • 100 jump ropes
That's right. We did the Filthy Fifty. And damn, but she was a monster bitch. I got cramps partway through the KB swings and had to step aside for a good minute, but that was the only time I really stopped for more than a few seconds, not counting water breaks and walking between stations. I definitely could have done a heavier wall ball, and was about to pick up the 10 but Dave told me to focus on keeping it short. Meh. I almost threw the damn 6-pounder over the wall several times, I'm so used to the 15lb. Next time...

Dinner was amam's coleslaw, a salmonburger, a big handful of strawberries and some milk. And some chocolate. My uterus made me do it.

So I looked at one of those healthy-weight charts and saw that I'm about 15 lbs higher than the "ideal" weight for my height. Given, I've got a bit more muscle than average, but that doesn't account for anywhere near all of that...and besides, it's all kind of swathed in pudge right now. So I'm reinstating the plan I had last summer: namely, doing semi-strict Zone 6 days a week, upping my weekly mileage (at one point last year I was at a solid 5k 3-4 times a week, working my way up) and switching to nettle tea instead of coffee. This last one I will ease into. Very slowly.

Bed time! Farmers' market day tomorrow!

-N

2 comments:

  1. Dude your workout was intense! You SO rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, thank you! Our workouts aren't usually quite THIS intense, but every now and then we do a real challenge. I love it - I feel like a superhero afterwards, even if I have to crawl through some parts!

    ReplyDelete