Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breakfast and badassery

My breakfast today was AWESOME.

in progress

the finished result, right before OM NOM NOM

Two eggs with half a tomato, roasted red pepper, bleu cheese, 1/4 avocado and some fresh basil. Yes, you read that right. Garden-fresh basil (as in I walked outside to get it) at the end of October. NC is CRAZY, yo. But it's ok because it is also DELICIOUS.

Anything tastes better if you work out directly before consuming it. I went to the 615 Crossfit WOD today, and it was a pretty awesome one. They're doing a thing now where the coaches design the WODs for a week or two, and this one was Ashley's. Check her out, you guys. She's seriously amazing. But anyways, it was 8 rounds for time of:
  • 3 overhead squats
  • 3 back squats
  • 3 push presses
  • 3 front squats
  • 200m row
I used a 45lb barbell all the way through. I think I could have gone higher (last time we did push presses I was doing something like 63lb for multiple reps) but I'm still fairly shaky on overhead squats, so that was the deciding factor there. I got this done in 15:49, which was ok fine but honestly I didn't push myself very hard on this one. The reason? Yesterday's WOD.

21-15-9 for time of:
  • push presses? something overhead. I will check
  • body blasters. INTENSE. A full burpee (chest to the deck) under the pull-up bar, followed by a jumping pull-up (I used the shortest box because I was nervous of just going for it but I think I will totally do that next time!) followed by a knees-to-elbows (or knees-to-chest, in my case) before you let go of the bar.
SWEET BABY JAYSUS this one was a MONSTER. And I loved every second of it :D That one was designed by Rich, I think (Bea's husband). Thanks Rich!

-N

1 comment:

  1. Fresh basil and tomato are a perfect pair. Almost as good as PB&J :) Yeah, NC is crazy!! I can't believe its so warm outside this close to November. Hope you have a good day!

    xoxo
    Haleigh
    www.treschicalamode.com

    ReplyDelete