Monday, January 10, 2011

Money Monday 10/1


Happy Monday, you guys!  The house in the picture is an absolutely breathtaking hand-built creation of Simon Dale and Jasmine Saville, detailed in this site right here.  I want it.  Ok, maybe with an indoor toilet and a few more delineated rooms inside.  But still.  There is serious home-envy going on.

This week's questions (original post here):
  1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries.  Meat is expensive!  But it also takes less to satisfy me, and I think I'm getting closer to the perfect steak with which to show The Man how much I lurve him.  I know he likes it medium-rare.  I'm not exactly sure what that is but I know it's somewhere between bloody and rubber.  Also, I hardly ever cook it to the rubber stage anymore, go me!
  2. Today I feel just okay towards money.  I'm still waiting to get my last paycheck from the old restaurant owner (yes, that's fron November).  I call every few days and leave a message but no dice yet.  One of my employees actually had to get her father to call him and threaten legal action to get her money, and it was a lot less than what I'm trying to squeeze out of him.  Arg, I say.  Also, I researched IRAs and it turns out that the one I'd like best to get requires a minimum balance of $10,000, which I can definitely not spare right now.  Meh.  I think I'll decide to just get the highest-interest savings account I can right now, and keep on building it up.
  3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was get told by both my sisters that I was "wise" and gave good advice.  I win at sisterhood! :D
  4. I will consider this week a success if I plan ahead far enough in advance that I don't have to run over to the grocery store to buy lunch for work days.
  5. I have pictures of myself as an adorable toddler eating snow directly off the ground.

3 comments:

  1. Lolz...planning that dream home, I see. How's that goin'? ;)

    Dude a word of meat-vice (y'know, like advice): try ground turkey. It's easier to cook with and make it taste good. And you really can't make it tough.

    And yes, you are totally wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the gift of sisterhood. I know that one all too well...

    As for this medium rare business, I think you could probably find a site to tell you what the internal temperature of the meat should be when it gets there. This way you could have a super scientific measurement of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies!

    Maggie: You're really on a roll with this word mash-up gig you got going on. First "vamp-etus" and now "meat-vice" - whatever will be next?? Ok, I'll try the ground turkey. What do I do, just make a burger?

    Joanne: That's definitely what I should do. First, however, is the tackling of the kitchen junk drawer to find the meat thermometer...which is the reason I tried to wing it in the first place ;P But it needs to be done...

    ReplyDelete